“We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.” ― Maya Angelou
Skin changes as we grow and mature in age. What you did as a young person may show in your skin decades later. I am 25 and I used to tan carelessly in my late teens to early 20s. Luckily I have change my ways and I wear a large brim hat, eat foods that have antioxidants that help protect the skin internally. I also use high quality skin care products that will protect and nourish my skin. One new purchase that I have made is from La Bella Figura, Daily Elements Defense Oil. Which I am enjoying using it in the mornings. Of course the sun is not the enemy, we have to be wise about how much exposure we get. It seems natural that when the strongest rays of the sun, animals would go in a shady spot to relax and rest. You see animals more active during the mornings hours and the later hours when the sun is out. At least that is what I have noticed. Now that spring is upon us, we are more active, enjoying the beautiful, and sunny sky.
Here are some ways to take of your skin and reap the benefits for years to come.
1) Diet plays a huge role in protecting our skin. When we eat foods that have rich in nutrients we are doing our body good. Eating foods that are high in Lycopene ( Tomatoes), Astaxanthin (Found in Salmon), Vitamin D ( Mushrooms) , Omega 3 Fatty Acids( Flax, Fish), Beta Carotene( Sweet Potatoes, Kale) help protect our skin internally.
2) Wear a large brim hat when outdoors, whenever possible. This helps shield your scalp, face and neck from the rays of the sun. Also if you can avoid the strongest rays of the sun which are 11 am to 3 pm, take note on which location that you live. The hours could vary, and have common sense, if you are prone to sun burn, then keep in a shady area.
3) If you wear make-up, make sure you wash your face nightly!!
In the morning I use a hydrosol, like Rose Geranium and saturate my skin, the apply raw manuka honey and massage my skin. Then rinse and apply a moisturizer.
4) Exercise, it helps circulate blood filled with oxygen and nutrients through out your body. It helps decrease stress, and it is so much fun depending on the exercise that you do.
5) Use only the highest quality skin care products that works for you. Plant oils are amazing and have so many nutrients to keep skin supple and hydrated.
I hope you enjoy these tips.